We couldn't resist the chance to hit the 'beach' one more time before summer came to a close, so on Labor day Weekend, we crossed over the border into Tennessee, (scarier than it sounds). 
Holy hillbillies! We saw all varieties of mountain dwellings on our ride to the lake. More trailers than are outside the stadium at a Penn State football game.
More twists and turns than a nascar race. Seriously. I almost threw up.
After the adventurous drive,
we managed to find Watuaga lake which, despite severe draught conditions, still had a little bit of water in it. (We are not too choosy when it comes to beaches.) The next couple of hours were spent swimming, collecting shells, and chasing crawdads. (Notice that we are all wearing our crocs.)
We were so happy to have the sun, the beach, the water, and each other. It was a great way to close off the summer. Wish you were here!
Beachfront property in....Tennessee?!
Posted by Unknown at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wish we were there, too! You guys look as good as ever. I'll be thinking about a good Halloween ideas (but just to forewarn, I'll probably come up empty because I lack your creativity gene).
okay, that was really me (Lori) who commented before; Nate was logged in, apparently.
Post a Comment