Tagged

My cousin Tara tagged me. Here we go!

The rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Answer the six "8" items
3. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving them a comment.

Since I've never been very good at following ALL the rules, get ready for some modifications.

Eight favorite TV shows
The Office (NBC)
Spain...on the Road Again (PBS)
Big Bang Theory (CBS)
How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
Gary Unmarried (CBS)
PBS DOCUMENTARIES
Here is where it gets embarrassing:
The Biggest Loser (NBC)
Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
Before I continue, I am going to defend myself on what is listed above. If I would have been tagged six months ago, the answers would have been very different as I had extended cable then. Now that I am limited to mostly local channels, what you see is what you get. Consequently reading is up and tv watching is down. All in all, a pretty good trade off. (I still miss The Daily Show.)

Eight Things I did Yesterday
  1. grocery shopping
  2. breakfast/lunch/dinner prep and clean up
  3. Played a few games of Hungry Hungry Hippos; I never won
  4. visited library story hour; bought a used copy of Little Women
  5. beat my high score on Facebook Scramble; checked my email obsessively for no reason
  6. sorted through Maggie's outgrown clothes
  7. Watched a documentary on PBS
  8. visited with Mimi who is here for Thanksgiving
Eight favorite Restaurants
I haven't eaten out in forever, so I will list my favorite books and bands/singers instead:
1. Counting Crows
2. The Trees, The Fields, The Town By Conrad Richter
3. Matt Nathanson
4. Middlemarch
5. John Mayer
6. Toad the Wet Sprocket
8. Les Miserables

Eight Things I Look Forward To
1. Benji coming home from work
2. Sage and Gabe coming home from school
3. Gym time
4. Dessert (Herein lies the problem)
5. Bedtime
6. Saturdays
7. Jana's visit on Wednesday
8. Going home for Christmas

Eight Things I wish For
1. A good massage
2. Family skiing day
3. Lower grocery prices
4. smaller pant size
5. more time
6. ability to do overhanded pullups, a full split and surpass a nine minute mile (Who says you can't have it all?)
7. A clean house
8.clarity

I am supposed to tag some folks. Let me think on it and I will let you know....

3 comments:

Jana said...

Are you trying to pretend that your list of TV shows was somehow more noble and intelligent than it is now? I know better...=)

Unknown said...

Jana, admittedly, I'm no newcomer to trashy tv. I was just hopeful (or deluded)in thinking that the discovery and food network programming somehow made up for the vh1 viewing. My bad. ( Maybe I feel guilty that I'm no longer 'there' for Bret.)

Jocelin said...

Loved the tag entry. Some of my guilty pleasures showed up on your lists. And our lives are surprisingly similar. (One noteworthy exception, I DO NOT look forward to gym time.)