Making the Most of Sunday





One of the great things about our area is the access we have to recreation. After a lengthy stake conference, we decided to recuperate by hiking around Julian Price Lake, a recreation area off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Armed with two large backpacks full of apples, water, & fruit snacks (Maggie's three favorite food groups), we grabbed our camera and hit the trail.

Sage loves to take pictures. Most of these posted are her shots. As we walked the two and a half mile trail, she had many opportunities to take some beautiful pictures. It is fun to see her intent on developing new talents.

Gabe insisted on wearing his crocs. This got a little interesting when we hit some muddy patches. There were some overactive beavers around some portions of the lake, causing some damming (is this a word?), and large puddles and mud. We had to get creative balancing on logs, rocks, whatever we could find to traverse the dank ground. I was just glad he was wearing his black church socks instead of his white ones.

Maggie insisted on walking most of the way, which is pretty impressive for a two year old. Benji couldn't get over it. She is a force to be reckoned with, to be sure.

I love Sundays like this. After spending a morning in church, I can't think of a greater way to spend the afternoon than being outdoors with the family. It even beats the afternoon nap. (But just by a margin!)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sandy N said...

I hear Crocs are pretty comfy... We had a great stake conference 2 weeks ago! I came away feeling so uplifted! I just wish I always felt that uplifted. It was a great broadcast.
Love ya

kristine N said...

Wow, Sage is so big, and you're right--very talented with a camera. Good for her. Somehow it's not a surprise that she's working hard on developing talents in things she enjoys. She always struck me as someone who was very smart, and very determined. It's strange to think that's the same girl I used to "teach" songs to in primary (not that I ever taught her a thing--she knew the songs better than I did.)