The Posting of the Halloween Pictures

Maggie as 'The Pirate'
Gabe as 'The Ninja'


Sage as Sarah Palin

Another Halloween is over and done with and I have to admit that I am relieved. The more time passes it seems as if the end of October has morphed into more of a holiday season than Christmas time. After the numerous trunk or treat gatherings, parties at the school, the library, and the mall, I am glad that this Halloween is over. Don't get me wrong-- I love to dress up. I love candy. I love parties. But after a mountain of candy and a plethora of costume changes, it is time to put it to bed for another year.
Just a few comments about the costume choices this year:

In Gabe's class at school they were not able to dress up in traditional costumes. Instead they had to pick a favorite book character, dress up as said character and give a book report. Hmmm....apparently I am not the only one lacking a little Halloween holiday spirit. They did do some fun fall activities after the book reports were concluded, and he did come home with a sackful of candy. For this, and and a few other parties, he was Harry Potter. He was happy with this until his wand broke and then he wanted to be a ninja so that he could have a sword. With little boys it seems to be all about the hardware.

For the past few months we have been getting several comments on Sage's resemblance to Sarah Palin. I don't really see it myself; I think it has more to do with her glasses than anything else. Anyway, she decided to parlay this resemblance into a costume for herself. We even stopped at republican headquarters to get her a McCain/Palin button. It seems that many people have very strong feelings about Sarah Palin. Lucky for us, all of the people we ran into were Palin supporters. (I guess that is what happens when you go to the Mall and Walmart on Halloween.) Everywhere Sage went there was applause, compliments, the whole works. She was on cloud nine.

Maggie was little red riding hood, but grew tired of stepping on the cape and decided to be a pirate on Halloween day. She loves the candy and everyone telling her how adorable she is.

So there you have it. Halloween is over. We've had enough costumes, candy, and adoration. It is time to tighten the belt (which is considerably tighter already after so much candy),and make some sacrifices in preparation of the next holiday....Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Alisha Fund said...

The award for the most creative costume this year goes to Sage Souza! You're definitely not the only one glad Halloween is over. It was fun while it lasted.

Becky said...

Ethan and Eli were also ninjas... but couldn't wear their masks or take their 'weapends' to most of the stuff we went to. Eli finally said 'can we take them on just regular old halloween?'
Cute kids guys!