We were there for the 'Start of Something New'. By the time they were 'Soaring and Flying' we were hooked. We remained engaged while they 'Worked it Out' and convinced us that they were 'All in This Together.'If you are familiar with all or any of these references...I am so, so sorry.
It truly is a little embarrassing how much I know about the saga of Troy and Gabriela. Maybe you feel the same. But finally, after much waiting and anticipation, the tale of those crazy wildcats is complete; High School Musical 3 was released this weekend and we were first in line. Literally. We took our kids out of school and hit the 2:15 matinee. We got there at 1:30. For those of you who know us well, you will realize what a miracle this is: I manage to arrive barely on time for most things, being late for many things, and to be honest, am never early for anything. This really was an event! We even convinced Benji to attend with us. (That is two miracles in one day, for those of you keeping track.)
There was a HSM themed art contest in the lobby and since we had a few minutes to kill, we all entered and drew our best Wildcat mascot. Being early has its perks: We were also able to visit the restrooms a few times, load up on popcorn, and bug the bejeepers out of Benji. (Apparently being late also has its perks.)
Once the movie started, the kids were in heaven. They enjoyed the singing, the dancing, the whole enchilada. Maggie was singing along at a rather high volume which drew some shushing from an elderly couple behind us. This caused Benji to tell them exactly what they could do with their shushing. And then I got excited; this Disney vehicle had suddenly turned into a show with real action potential! Who would throw the first punch? Would it be the grouchy old codger sitting behind us, or the mild mannered albeit slightly grouchy Spanish professor? It looked to be anyone's guess. Alas, just as things seemed to be really heating up, Benji took Maggie out and I was forced to go back to watching two teenagers pine in song about the closing of what surely must be the best days of their lives.
Ultimately, it ended up to be a very nice afternoon. As the movie droned on, my kids came off of their sugar buzz and we were able to snuggle together as Senior Year drew to a close. Benji even brought Maggie back, so I was surrounded by all three of my babies, cuddling with their Mommy. This may be the best movie I've seen all year. Lucky for me, Sage won the mascot drawing contest and received two free tickets to see HSM 3 again. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:
Oh I can't wait to see this movie. I should go go get the sound track now. You have me wayyyy excited.
Yeah! You guys are always winning something! That's great. Sounds like so much fun! I guess I'll have to see it.
Kendra - You can do it...just know that I believe!
Daren
Post a Comment