I love my blue sunglasses. How could you tell? There has not been a picture taken of me outdoors within the past two years but I am sporting them somewhere on my person.
Still, I don't think I knew how strong the attachment was until they became a casualty of the move. Can you imagine my agony? As if the kidney stone wasn't suffering enough. The frantic search which ensued following the disappearance of my favorite accessory ended unsuccessfully. Finally I came to the only resolution I could muster; get on ebay--quickly--before they are all sold out. They must be in demand. How else would they turn up missing?
To make a long story short, now I own another pair of blue sunglasses. Disappointingly, they are not EXACTLY the same as my other pair. There are some minor cosmetic differences that only someone such as myself, a crazy lady who has had them permanently attached to her skull for the past two years, would notice. To make me feel better, Benji got back on ebay and bought yet another pair of the blue sunglasses. So now both adults in the Souza household can be spotted wearing their blue sunglasses. And I really like my new ones. I really do. They help me to feel good about myself and I feel like I'm in a better place. So if you see my old ones, don't let on that I am missing them. Don't let them know I even asked. But if they seem to be missing me, be sure and send them my way!

Still, I don't think I knew how strong the attachment was until they became a casualty of the move. Can you imagine my agony? As if the kidney stone wasn't suffering enough. The frantic search which ensued following the disappearance of my favorite accessory ended unsuccessfully. Finally I came to the only resolution I could muster; get on ebay--quickly--before they are all sold out. They must be in demand. How else would they turn up missing?
To make a long story short, now I own another pair of blue sunglasses. Disappointingly, they are not EXACTLY the same as my other pair. There are some minor cosmetic differences that only someone such as myself, a crazy lady who has had them permanently attached to her skull for the past two years, would notice. To make me feel better, Benji got back on ebay and bought yet another pair of the blue sunglasses. So now both adults in the Souza household can be spotted wearing their blue sunglasses. And I really like my new ones. I really do. They help me to feel good about myself and I feel like I'm in a better place. So if you see my old ones, don't let on that I am missing them. Don't let them know I even asked. But if they seem to be missing me, be sure and send them my way!


5 comments:
Absolutely adorable!! Maybe I should get me some. :)
I'm glad you found some that could maybe, possibly work for you. . .I've been keeping my eye out for the old ones. Loved the pictures, and miss you a lot!
I can't imagine you without your blue sunglasses.
Good thing they keep the crown of your head protected from harmful fluorescent rays while you're inside.
Listen, we all know that the charm of these glasses is that they keep the hair out of my face inside and the sun out of my eyes outside. What a dream!
Post a Comment