For those of you who are not local to the central Pa area, I am going to make one thing clear: Sometimes we go a long, long time here without seeing any sun. Weeks can go by with so many cloudy, dreary, muggy haze-filled days that I could swear I was living in Seattle. Because of the lowliness in mood that can result from the lack of Vitamin D and exposure to natural light, we find that when the sun is shining we are obligated to get out there and soak it up! The last day of YMCA sports camp looked to be a good one, so we piled into the car and dragged some friends along with us and headed to Bald Eagle Beach. (Is it really a beach? ) It is sandy. At least I think it is sand. Oh, dear.
Oh well, It was one of our greatest days ever! You gotta love being with friends at the beach. For the next few days Maggie kept saying, "Beach Mommy! Beach Mommy!" At first I thought she was calling me a name I am not so fond of, but when she went and got her pail and shovel, I figured it out.
Gabe loves to dive with his goggles which I could think would be kind of a hazard since the water isn't the cleanest. It reminds me of the time we were at Whipple Dam and Hyrum Parry fished out a pair of ladies underwear out of the water. Thankfully, Gabe had no such finds on this trip.
Sage loves the sun and sand like her mother. She and her friend Emily kept burying and burying themselves in the sand. I kept warning them that they would be finding sand in places they didn't even know they had, but they were having such a fun time.
I had to make special mention of Maggie's swimming suit. This is her favorite suit with princesses on the front. Even though it is so small it almost splits her in half from behind, she insists on wearing it. Since she is two, I am picking my battles. I figure if she can stand to have that thing crammed up her rear end then maybe she is destined to be a thong wearer. A mother can only do so much.
It was such a great day and we are so lucky to have such fun friends with whom to share it. So...if you ever want to go to the "beach," you know who to ask!





2 comments:
Love it, Kendra. Now I've got to get with the program. You have such sweet kids! And I'm sure Maggie is secretly glad she has a new swimming suit now.
Love the blog Kendra. You have inspired me start one also. Seeing all the fun things in PA that we used to do with you made me very home sick. Glad you're having a great summer. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment