Give me a Y! Give me an M!




Over the past few years one of our favorite summer activities has been the sports clinics put on by the YMCA. As a parent I enjoy them because it gives the kids exposure to an activity and it only lasts a week instead of an entire season. Sage and Gabe like them because they think all the coaches are cool and the drills and games that they learn are fun. It is a win/win. The cheer and football clinics were being held the first week after school let out, which I thought was a bit soon, but it ended up being just the thing to help kick off the summer.

A word of caution before I continue: A person who tires easily of hearing the same chants and rhymes over and over and over at increasing volumes should never sign his/her child up for cheer camp. Every night I heard the words tripping over themselves in my head, even after my kids went to bed, until I wanted to scream in protest, "R-O-W-D-I-E is NOT how you spell Rowdy!!" I don't know how I feel about cheerleading. I would so much rather have Sage in the game than on the sidelines. Despite my misgivings, Sage had a great time and loved to do the stunts and cheers. She is so great at meeting new people and trying new things. I love how she throws herself into things and gives it a go. She still cannot do a cartwheel, but neither can her mother, so who am I to judge?

Gabe loved the flag football. He and Caden were the littlest guys out there, but that did not stop them from dodging and chasing and having an all around great time. On game day he ran and made a touchdown. I was sad that I didn't have my camera rolling to catch it.

What can I say? We are going to miss the State College YMCA.

3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

We looked at your blog. Are you happy now?

Also, thanks for putting pictures of Sage at cheer camp. Now we have three Wallace girls that want to move to Pennsylvania to hit up cheer camp.

The Wallace Family said...

By the way, we love the blog!! Keep the posts coming!

Bekah said...

Hurray for you and your cute blog! Love it!