February is drawing to a close and I am realizing that I did not do one real post this month. How did I let so much time go by? In my defense, it hasn't been the easiest of months: Benji went to Miami, my kids missed several days of school due to the weather, my house is FREEZING, my credit card was stolen, and I have a bad haircut.
A bad haircut, you ask? How could a bad haircut be the impetus for inconsistent blogging? Since when is good hair a requirement for the written word? I know this is silly. I know there are plenty of wonderful writers out there with terrible hair and many others with no hair at all. I know. I know. I know..
But-- when this woman's hair began to resemble a poorly assembled bird's nest, she found that she could barely muster up the energy to get out of her pajamas, make the lunches, get the kids to school, (on the off chance that it wasn't canceled), and in short, take care of her usual activities. (Like calling the credit bureaus to try to secure the credit score she has worked so hard to maintain, all the while hovering in front of a space heater). To add anything extra on top of that--say, sitting down at the keyboard to try to pound out something coherent--proved to be just too much.
How bad is it? Well...I will just say that while I have always been a fan of the hairclips, hats are becoming very popular around here and that both Benji and the kids have expressed the opinion that I should probably grow my hair out for a while. That ain't good, folks!
So, it is time to let it grow--and let it go. I am hoping for brighter days and better hair. I had horrible hair for most of my adolescence and a portion of my twenties, so I know there is a way out of this... I'll keep you posted. Maybe.
Februhairy
Posted by Unknown at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope your hair grows fast for you and that you got all your problems solved with the credit card. What a rough month!
I want to see a picture before I feel too sorry about your hair. But I'm really sorry about the rest of the stuff. =)
Post a Comment