One of the advantages of living in Boone is the great exposure we get to different types of music. In other words, bluegrass is big here. I will have pictures and videos in future posts of the kids playing their own instruments, but I wanted to post these photos of Gabe's field trip to Merlefest which is a festival honoring Doc and Merle Watson and their contributions to the area. If you aren't familiar, you should google or youtube it and take a listen. Pretty amazing stuff, and I'm a novice listener.This day provided Gabe sometime with some of his favorites: He loves Mrs. McCourry, he loves his tie-dyed t-shirt, and he LOVES his coffee filter hat. Clearly, it is great to be a first grader at Merlefest. Plus, his dad got to go along for the ride. I only wonder what happened to Benji's coffee filter hat.


0 comments:
Post a Comment