I'm supposed to be updating the blog with photos and information about our new whereabouts, but I keep getting distracted with the treasures I'm finding in the archives of computer memory. I don't know when this video was taken, but it had to be sometime when I was out of the house. (What mother would encourage this display, let alone video tape it?) Nevertheless, since I do have it recorded, I think it pretty much sums up what life with my three children is often like: The kids are fun and adorable, but sometimes I feel more like a referee than a mom. There always seems to be SOMETHING to argue about. Someone else always started it and they all want mom and dad to step in and decide who is right.
Still, in all the struggles that take place in family life, I hope that they are learning that it is easier to live together peacefully without completely acquiescing what they want. If this isn't life, what is? I only hope that, as their mom, I can teach them that there is actually PLENTY of cake batter for everyone and when we look out for the interest of others, more often than not, someone will always be looking out for us.
And now I am wondering....did they even have any batter left to make a cake?
5 comments:
Loving the video and missing you and your kids like crazy! Post on how N.C. is treating you soon! I've been curious to know how you all are!
I MISS YOU! Don't feel like you have to catch up on everything - just start from now.
what sweeties, we miss you guys! Don't worry, Olivia is still talking about Mags and Sagey and Gabey incessantly. And I still think your kids are just about the nicest I know.
Kids are so fun!?! My kids watched this clip and all talked about how much they missed you guys. I really miss you too. Hope all is treating you well in NC.
Kendra,
Hey, found your blog thru Daren and Julie's, and couldn't stop laughing at this video! Seems like I just taped the same thing only they had light sabers:)
Post a Comment