We were so excited when Grandma & Grandpa announced they were coming to visit. We wanted to show them everything! We took them downtown, up Tussey Mountain, to soccer camp, around campus, and over to the library. We even took them to Wal-mart. (You can't leave State College without hitting that tourist spot!) We had ice cream at the Creamery, burgers at Duffy's and Grandpa fixed us a great dinner on Sunday. I'm still trying to figure out why my rolls are not as good as his. Although they seemed adequately pleased with everything, they appeared happy just to be with us.
Their visit also allowed Benji to take a much needed break. He has been working a lot this year, and has increased his hours over the summer trying to finish up his degree. Due to the increased workload, he is not around during daytime hours like some of the other dads in our neighborhood. So when Benji and his Dad were spending some quality time together cleaning the car, (Did I mention that the Souzas have strange bonding activities?), my next door neighbor, not knowing who Benji was, thought that I had hired them to come and clean my car. She even went out and tried to get a bid from them to clean her car. (Good help is hard to find.) She was so embarrassed when she found out that Benji actually lives here and that we are married. I guess you learn something new everyday.
We were so glad they came and can't wait for them to come again.

Here come Grandma & Grandpa!
Posted by Unknown at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Kendra! I found you via the Fund's site. What a great blog! It definitely fits your personality. Come stop by ours as well! :) I just saw Jessica P.( visiting from CA) last week and have some pics up of all the kids. I thought you might be interested.
In the meantime, enjoy your time in PA. Now that we are gone, I really appreciate that place even more.
Sorry, I used the wrong ID. NOW you can click to see our blog :)
Hi Kendra and family. I got your blog from Brad's blog. I love seeing pictures of you guys and the kids. Hope all is well for you .
Post a Comment