



Just a couple of videos and pictures showing the beauty and destruction of the Christmas day ice storm. We had no power all day Christmas. Which means we had no water. Or heat. There is something eerie about the constant cracking and falling of trees due to ice. We were so grateful that none fell on our car or on the house. (They seemed to be falling everywhere else.) You can see in the picture above that a big tree just missed our propane tank which was another huge blessing.
Benji spent a large portion of the day with our neighbor, Mike, using a chainsaw to help remove big trees from the road.
The rest of us stayed inside and played countless rounds of connect four and uno.
This first video is from our house to the secondary road. Some of the trees were completely uprooted due to the weight of the ice.
One more from the secondary to the main road and then into Boone.
Ice, Ice, Baby...
Posted by Unknown at 8:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Crazy! Looks like we picked the right time to come visit -- just before this hit. Be safe!
oh my! I'm so glad you guys are safe. Merry Christmas!
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with all of that especially on Christmas! I'm glad it all turned out well though. I hope you stay warm and ice-free here on out!
Post a Comment